Friday, April 21, 2017

4 Reasons to Love Apple Cider Vinegar

Have you ever seen those giant bottles of apple cider vinegar and wondered “who needs that much vinegar?” I used to have the same thought. But now I know why!


1. Good for your hair.
So, it’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I have been “no poo” for a year now. And if you’re willing to take that leap (it’s not that far of a leap, honestly), you will find that apple cider vinegar makes your hair soft. Like really soft. It may seem strange, but I swear by it. And so do many women. Seriously, just Google “no poo” and you’ll see what I mean. I keep a squeeze bottle of watered down apple cider vinegar in my shower, and I shake it up and squirt in on my hair. It works just like conditioner, but without all the build up. What’s not to love about that? You might be thinking of the vinegar smell, but it’s really not an issue. Once you rinse it out, the most you’ll smell the vinegar is maybe a vague apple-y scent. Nothing vinegary at all.


2. Good for your face. Apparently, Scarlet Johansson swears by it. But you can also take it from me. Dabbing a little on your face with a cotton ball, like you would with a toner, does work wonders. And it’s cheaper than toner!


3. Kills weeds. At least, that’s what my Mom uses it for. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom poured gallon jugs of apple cider vinegar on her weeds. Then they died. Then she pulled them right out with no problem. Cool huh?


4. Kills gnats. You can also use it to kill gnats and fruit flies. You only need a little bit of it, and some dish soap in the bottom of a small cup. The gnats go right for it, and literally overnight, you’ve dealt with your gnat infestation.


These are the four ways that I commonly use apple cider vinegar. Are there any other uses I should know about? Let me know in the comments.


Labels: 4 Reasons to Love Apple Cider Vinegar

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...