The Twin Cities are filled with great restaurants, kid friendly activities, and of course, who could forget, shopping. The Mall of America is like a city within itself. Over the years, I have come up with 10 great places to spend your time while visiting the beautiful city of Minnesota.
1. The Mall of America is my first must do. If you enjoy shopping, like I do, then this is the place to spend some serious time and money. Every retail outlet you can think of is represented here, such as Hollister, Aeropostale, and Victoria’s Secret. The mall is open 7 days a week: Mon – Sat 10am – 9:30pm and Sundays 11am – 7pm. For more information, visit http://ift.tt/VbKVdJ.
2. There are tons of activities inside The Mall of America for kids. My second choice would be to put aside some time to see the Underwater Adventures Aquarium. This aquarium has over 5,000 sea creatures on exhibit. Come face to face with sting rays and sea turtles. It’s also home to the world’s largest collection of jellyfish. Tickets are priced at $13.49 for kids and $18.99 for adults. If you purchase them on line, there is a dollar off kids admissions, and $2 off adult admissions. This is how I purchased my tickets, and for a family of 6, it was a nice savings.
3. Moose Mountain Adventure Golf is my third recommendation. This mini golf course located inside The Mall of America is sure to delight the entire family. The 18 hole course features an old time north woods scenery, complete with life size moose, horses, logging truck, and bi-plane. The cost of admission is $8 plus tax per person.
4. The Minnesota Zoo is my forth recommendation. This zoo sits on over 500 acres, and contains over 2,300 animals. My favorite attraction is the Tropics Trail. You will see otters, red pandas, and tree kangaroos in this exhibit. The cost of admission is between $10-$16 per person. It is open most days from 10am-6pm.
5. Baja Sol Tortilla Grill is my fifth choice when visiting the Twin Cities, especially if you love Mexican food. This casual dining eatery offers an all you can handle chips and salsa bar. It’s delicious. It’s conveniently located inside The Mall of America.
6. The Riverview Cafe is my sixth choice. This wine bar/coffee house is the perfect place to unwind after a day of shopping or sightseeing. I highly recommend their organic, fair trade coffees. They are located at 3747 42nd Ave. S.
7. Taking in a Vikings game at Mall of America Field would be my seventh must do in Minnesota. If you are a football fan, like me, then catching a Vikings game is definitely something to put on your list. This stadium is amazing, and one of my favorites. For ticket information, visit www.Vikings.com
8. Nickelodeon Universe is my eighth recommendation while visiting the Twin Cities. This 7 acre amusement park is the biggest indoor theme park in the United States. It features 30 rides and attractions. An unlimited ride wristband will run you $29.95. My kids always have tons of fun here.
9. Homewood Suites Minneapolis – Mall of America is my ninth choice, and best hotel to stay at while visiting this amazing city. It has comfortable rooms at affordable prices. There is a nice, indoor pool, and free shuttle service to the mall.
10. The Science Museum of Minnesota is my final choice. This museum hosts such exhibits as: The Human Body Gallery, Cell Lab, and Dinosaurs and Fossils Gallery. The museum is open most days from 9:30am – 9pm. The cost of admission is between $7. and $17.
Have a great time on your next trip to the Twin Cities. Take in some of my recommended sites. You won’t be disappointed.
Tags:10 Things You Must Do when Traveling to the Twin Cities