A couples first Christmas often comes at a time when finances are still recovering for a wedding. However, there are many tips for newlyweds for saving money at Christmas. Here are ten practical tips on how to save money at Christmas.
1. Your parents and relatives can be a great source for used Christmas ornaments and decorations. Chances are, your family will have accumulated a lot of extra Christmas ornaments and decorations over the years which they will be happy to have out of the house. Fill a box with old Christmas decorations that your parents don’t want anymore when you are visiting. It can save you a bundle at Christmas
2. Homemade Christmas decorations can cost very little or nothing at all. There are many guides on the Internet for making Christmas decorations and ornaments by recycling things found in a typical household.
3. A clever cost-saving solution for a couple’s first Christmas is to move it to the home of one of your parents! Playing the guest rather than host at Christmas can mean saving money at Christmas. Better yet, your parents will probably love the idea of you spending Christmas with them.
4. Coupons are useful any time of year. They can also help newlyweds in saving money at Christmas. Watch the Sunday papers for coupons for food and household supplies. The food coupons are a special help when buying ingredients for a Christmas dinner.
5. On that note saving money at Christmas for newlyweds is made easier by making dishes from scratch. Homemade cookies, cakes, vegetable trays etc. are inexpensive to make and taste delicious.
6. Cut on travel costs at Christmas by spending Christmas near home.
7. Saving money at Christmas is easy to accomplish with handmade gifts. Homemade jams, chocolates and other food items are great for saving money at Christmas. Alternatively, newlywed couples can save money by make arts or craft gifts for friends, family and each other.
8. Another tip for a couples first Christmas is to remember that friends and family will understand that your status as newlyweds probably means funds are a little tight! Don’t put pressure on yourself to overspend.
9. Another ‘new couples’ tip for saving money at Christmas is to shop over the Internet. This can save you money on fuel for shopping. E-gift certificates such as those on Amazon are a great idea because they are delivered through e-mail. Therefore, there is no postage cost.
10. Finally, the right frame of mind can help newlyweds with saving money at Christmas. Focus on the joy of being together rather than material possessions. This simple approach results in saving money at Christmas.
Tags:10 Winning Money Saving Tips for a Couple’s First Christmas