The other night my husband and I were talking in our room and we were sitting on the bed when a revolving door started happening. One at a time each kid kept opening the door and every sentence started with mom. It was mom this and mom that. It just kept going on and on and then my husband looked at me and said “We live in a crazy house.” I already knew this and if you are like me you need a little help dealing with the everyday stresses in your life. These are tips for you to get through your day on those crazy days.
- 1. Good enough is good enough. Don’t feel bad when you give your kids something bad to eat early in the morning. Important thing is their bellies are full and you got them to school on time.
- 2. Give yourself 20 minutes of me time. Take 20 minutes each day for yourself, even if that means closing the door in your little ones faces. Remember people only want to deal with the saner version of you anyways.
- 3. Give yourself a treat. Even if that means taking a candy bar from your kids Halloween candy. A fun size candy bar never hurt anyone.
- 4. Take credit for frozen dinners. My daughter tells me all the time how she loves my Chicken Alfredo, but the truth is its Zaterans Blackened Chicken Alfredo. So learn to compliments and you did put it in the oven.
- 5. Give in once in a while. You don’t have to be the perfect mom all the time. Giving in can by you the time that you need to compose yourself.
- 6. Don’t carry your children when you are holding everything else. Don’t try to juggle everything, with your purse, back packs, lunch bags, gym bags, cell phone, cup of coffee and your keys in your hands you don’t need to carry your kids. Let them walk and if not that’s why dad is there.
- 7. Forgetting to put money under their pillow when their teeth come out. When the first thing you hear in the morning is “The Tooth Fairy didn’t come!” Don’t panic, just tell them they are lucky because the Tooth Fairy had a busy night and she will come tonight. And add an extra buck or two.
- 8. Not letting your teenager wear that outfit. Just because you said so!
- 9. Plan a date night. You need time with your spouse, so don’t let a day with grandma and Grandpa past you by. They want to spend time with their grand kids too.
- 10. It’s ok to love your job. Loving your job does not mean you don’t love your kids. You are still a good mom.
- 11. Throw away your kids school work. Go through and save a few thing and toss the rest. This will help de-clutter your tables and counter tops. Beside the ones you save will start adding up shortly and you will have a ton before you know it.
- 12. Last thing is don’t play the blame game with yourself. If you yelled at your kids for no reason apologize and let them know you make mistakes too. Remember tomorrow is a new day. You always have the chance to do things different.
Tags:12 Stress Tips for the Busy Mom