As a child growing up, do you remember some of the things your father did that made him great? How many times did he put on the “magic cape” and fly you around the room? And besides helping you with a school project (and somehow almost did the whole thing for you – oops), he didn’t mind picking up a doll and joining you for tea.
I’ve come up with a little present to all dads out there – including mine, that I miss dearly.
To all dads who read this: you’ve done a good job so far and keep it up.
20 Reasons Why You’re Superdad
1.You were patient enough to realize that Ken is Barbie’s boyfriend and always will be.
2. According to you, when building with blocks, my designs were the best – even better than yours.
3. There was a great understanding that coloring inside the lines was so overrated.
4. You could always make the greatest belches at dinner to keep me from getting in trouble.
5. I always wanted to fly – you just helped me out a little bit when you took on the “magic towel” as your cape.
6. When I handed in my school projects, mine was the best (well, I should say yours was the best).
7. You helped Mom enough to make sure dinner always tasted great.
8. Bedtime was never bedtime – it was more of an excuse to let the imagination soar.
9. You always made sure Santa got everything right on my list.
10. You were nice enough to turn your vacation time from work into “fun at Disney”.
11. You always understood that Barney was the greatest (although, you seemed to stay later at work when Barney came on).
12. When racing cars, your car always seemed to have a little trouble at the end.
13. I always won at Monopoly thanks to you.
14. You knew that a dog was the answer to everything.
15. Despite hanging onto the car door, you stuck it out while I learned to drive.
16. You thought that every person I dated was the greatest (despite the fact that many of them weren’t).
17. Even if you hated the music I listened to, you tried to dance to it.
18. Every horror movie was up there on the must-see list on weekends.
19. You knew that not only kids could eat Halloween candy (so that’s where half my candy went).
20. Best of all, you loved me for being me, and stuck it out.
To all dads out there: Happy Father’s Day. And to my father: I miss you and I’ll always love you, and believe me, you were a superdad whether you knew it or not.
Dedicated to all fathers out there, including my father: Curtis Dale Hargrove (July 23, 1961 – February 20, 2009).
Tags:20 Reasons Why You’re Superdad